Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Childhood in the Past, Part 2, Vol. 10 is out now!
- Register now – 1st SSCIP Biannual Lecture “Excavating Literature for Signs of Childness”
- The 10th anniversary edition of Childhood in the Past is out now!
- Coming soon – CHILDREN, DEATH AND BURIAL: ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOURSES, VOLUME 5
- Call for papers: SSCIP conference, Mexico City, Nov 2017
Monthly Archives: September 2016
The Family in Past Perspective: an Interdisciplinary Exploration of Familial Relationships Through Time Tuesday 20th to Thursday 22nd September 2016 – St. Chad’s College, Durham University Report by Conference Organisers: Rebecca Gowland and Ellen Kendall The 9th annual SSCIP Conference took place … Continue reading
Editorial Eileen M. Murphy Welcome to Part 2 of Volume 9 of Childhood in the Past, the journal of the Society for the Study of Childhood in the Past (SSCIP). This issue comprises three research papers and five book reviews. … Continue reading
Finding interactions between the old and young in past societies – SSCIP sponsored session at EAA in Vilnius
Committee members Eileen Murphy and Grete Lillehammer are currently at the European Association of Archaeologists 22nd Annual Conference in Vilnius, Lithuania, chairing a SSCIP sponsored session “Giving New Meaning to Cultural Heritage – The Old and the Young in Past … Continue reading
Our interviewee is Dr Katie Hemer. Dr Hemer is currently a University of Sheffield Vice Chancellor’s Fellow, and will start her Lectureship there next year. She is the SSCIP Membership Secretary. Tell me a little bit about your research? To … Continue reading