Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- 2018 Society for the Study of Childhood in the Past Conference in Vienna
- Childhood in the Past, Part 2, Vol. 10 is out now!
- Register now – 1st SSCIP Biannual Lecture “Excavating Literature for Signs of Childness”
- The 10th anniversary edition of Childhood in the Past is out now!
- Coming soon – CHILDREN, DEATH AND BURIAL: ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOURSES, VOLUME 5
Monthly Archives: March 2016
The Society for Medieval Archaeology Student Colloquium 2015 was held on 11th – 14th November with 50 attendees. The Society for the Study of Childhood in the Past sponsored a session “Children and Childhood” and awarded a best paper prize … Continue reading
Here is a link to a review of Mark Golden’s 2015 edition of his book, first published in 1990, Children and Childhood in Classical Athens. This was the first book in English to explore the lives of children in ancient … Continue reading
A brand new Facebook group has been set up that may be of interest to some of our members. This page is intended for people interested in childhood bioarchaeology and anthropology. https://www.facebook.com/childhoodanth/
A new study has found that children suffered violent deaths during a turbulent time of severe social stress and drought following the “collapse” of the Wari empire in the Late Intermedi… Source: Violent deaths of children during a time of … Continue reading